Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by a Call for Papers Committee. Deadline: 10 January 2019.
Help us to understand your past speaking experience: add links to videos and slides of your past talks. And help the Committee to better assess your application: provide us with blog posts or papers on the importance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled.
- Original talks (not previously presented at other conferences) will be given priority
- Proposals can be modified by the owner at any time — although kindly let the organisers know any time you do modify your session(s) or data after the Call for Papers has ended.
- The online votes will be considered in the selection of proposals but will not bind the judgement; they could be used in case of ties to pick one session over another, but there’s other criteria as well.
- It's possible to submit your proposal publicly or privately. In case of private submission, only the staff can see it until the conference schedule is posted.
- Deadline: 10 January 2019
You can read the details of how the Committee works and how sessions are selected by reading this article.
- Daniele Bonaldo
- Daniele Conti
- Florina Muntenescu
- Lorenzo Quiroli
- Marco Porcaro
- Roberto Orgiu
- Sebastiano Poggi
- Make sure it clearly and concisely communicates your idea (~1000 characters if possible).
- Original talks (not previously presented at any other conferences) will be given prority, please let us know if this is a new talk.
- Make sure your abstract makes the value your talk obvious for the Committee and for the audience; be relevant to the audience of Android developers.
- Describe who specifically your talk is addressing.
- Choose between a 30 or 45 minute talk, or a workshop.
- Tell us how innovative your topic is — what is new and exciting!
- Outline what the audience will learn and takeaway from your presentation.
- Please note, the conference language is English.
We are looking for:
- Companies developing software
- Research institutions with Android relevant activities
- Network operators and service providers
- Hardware manufacturers
- Companies, organisations and individuals utilising Android in new areas
- Companies utilising Android in the services and products they sell
Developing for Android:
techniques, methods, concepts
support for developers in everyday work
making money with Android, licenses, the market ecosystem
Android beyond smartphones and tablets:
individual hardware and ROMs
Android in the business:
working in big companies as an Android developer
Android solutions in the enterprise
roll-out of Android solutions
apps for the publishing and media market
security, secure devices
use cases for new kinds of devices
User Interfaces and Experience (UI, UX)
how to market one’s apps
marketing of Android apps and services for company use (B2B)
strategies for consumer marketing (B2C)
Trends in Android technology:
new technological developments (bleeding edge)
new picturing system
new audio and video technology and what it enables
Android as a platform:
As Italy’s most important Android event, droidcon Italy supports the Android platform in its unique approach of openness and shared learning by bringing together developers and suppliers.
The event has an impressively international feel with speakers, sponsors and delegates participating from around the globe. In the spirit of the Android platform, droidcon welcomes involvement and contribution from the Android community.
droidcon Turin, 4 - 5 April 2019
We look forward to your application.
Accommodation and travel
droidcon Italy is organised by Synesthesia Srl, a software house that has been operating for over ten years in the heart of Turin.
For selected speakers, Synesthesia will:- cover up to two nights accommodation in Turin.- provide a grant - to a maximum of €200 - towards travel expenses.
- provide a complimentary ticket to droidcon Italy 2019 for the speaker, plus one guest.
- Paper submission deadline:
10 January 2019
- Conference dates:
4 - 5 April 2019